The Alterdesk Glasses app can be downloaded in the Android Play Store and in the Epson Moverio store. The Glasses app is available for all Android smart glasses. An example of a pair of smart glasses on which our app runs smoothly is the Epson MOVERIO BT-300.
The Glasses app is mainly used to stream video, but it can also be used to share photos and video files.
First you need to make sure that your current Alterdesk subscription provides you with smart glasses support. If this is not the case, contact us so that we may let you know what kind of subscription you will need.
Besides a pair of Android smart glasses (with the Glasses app installed) you will also need a smartphone, tablet or desktop PC to log in and generate the QR code required by the Glasses app.
Follow these steps:
- Log in on your smartphone, tablet or desktop PC.
- Select the chat in which you want to stream video (if no such chat is available, create one first. For instructions on how to do so, see “How do I start a one-on-one conversation” or “How do I start a group conversation”).
- Open the menu of the chosen chat (on your desktop this can be found under ‘More’ and on your smartphone / tablet at the top right of your screen) and choose ‘Connect Glasses app’.
- You will now see a QR code on your screen. Scan the QR code with your Glasses app – make sure that your glasses can scan the QR code as easily as possible by bringing it up close. Note: generated QR codes can only be used once and will remain valid for 5 minutes. If the app tells you that the QR code is invalid, generate a new one and try again.
- If you have set a standard action in the Glasses app (such as creating and sending an attachment or starting a video stream), the Glasses app will start this action straight away. If you have not set such an action, you will be asked what you wish to do.
Did you encounter any problems or do you have feedback for us? Feel free to send us a message.