Apart from the security measures Alterdesk has put in place, there are also things you can do yourself to keep your data safe. We have listed a few tips:
- Use a strong and unique password. In this day and age you have dozens of apps and websites that require a password. The easiest way to manage this, is to use the same password for each and everyone of them. However this does mean that once a hacker (or someone else with malicious intent) has cracked one of your passwords, he has cracked all of them. You could choose to use a Password Manager. There are loads of different applications out there that can manage your passwords – most of them are also equipped with the ability to generate new, strong passwords.
- Do not share your password with others.
- Do not share your password with Alterdesk employees (or people that claim to be Alterdesk employees). The Alterdesk team will never ask you for your credentials.
- Enable a PIN code on your mobile phone. If you phone does not have a PIN code, password or pattern to grant access, anyone who has access to your phone has access to you data, including your Alterdesk data.
- Enable a PIN code in your Alterdesk app.
- Use two-factor authentication.